Please press "F5" if you can not view all the data on the page.

 

 

116-118 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, Ward 6
District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tel: 84-8 3930 5921
Fax: 84-8 3930 3414
Email: vnahcm@fmail.vnn.vn

 

On September 15th, 1945, the first bulletins credited to a news agency of the new Vietnam, with the initials VNTTX in Vietnamese, VNA in English, and AVI in French, were circulated worldwide, delivering the historic Declaration of Independence read by President Ho Chi Minh at the Ba Dinh square to establish the Democratic Republic of Vietnam. That historic day became the founding day of the Vietnam News Agency (VNA).

 

After the reunification of the country in 1975, the VNA merged with the Liberation News Agency, which was established on October 12, 1960 as the mouthpiece of the Southern National Liberation Front and the Provisional Revolutionary Government of the Republic of South Vietnam. On May 12, 1977, the Vietnamese name of the agency was changed into TTXVN under Resolution No. 84/UBTVQH of the National Assembly Standing Committee of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.

 

To perform its assigned functions and tasks, besides its headquarters in Hanoi with units assisting the General Director, news and photo departments, newspapers, bulletins, technical and service centers, businesses and a publishing house, the VNA has representative offices in southern Ho Chi Minh City and central Da Nang city, domestic bureaus in 63 provinces and cities nationwide and 27 overseas bureaus located in all five continents of the globe.

 

The VNA has bilateral and multilateral cooperative relations with 42 foreign or international news agencies and media organizations. It is a member of several international news organizations, including the Non-Aligned News Agencies Pool (NANAP), the Organization of Asia-Pacific News Agencies (OANA), and the News Agencies World Congress (NAWC).

 

string(7) "aboutus"